Senior Pointer wrestler Frank Baker, left, placed 6th in the 132 lb. division at the Wisconsin State Wrestling Tournament held recently. Also wrestling at the State tournament were senior Ross Siegenthaler and junior Scott Pittz.
Wisconsin Dells Tournament
WI Dells will be hosting a wrestling tournament at their middle school on Sat March 7th. The club is planning on taking a bus to attend the tournament and then will be spending a few hours at Mt. Olympus Water Park after the tournament and then stop at Pizza Hut in Reedsburg on the way home.
All Wrestlers MUST REGISTER online at www.trackwrestling.com by 3pm on Friday March 6th . They are only taking 275 wrestlers, so don’t wait to register! Pre-registration and pre-payment only through trackwrestling. You can change weigh up to 3:00 pm on March 6th, you must be close or risk being eliminated from tournament.
Location: Spring Hill Middle School 300 Vine Street Wi Dells 53965.
Weight Verification 7:30-9:00am. Wrestling to begin at 9:30am.
Awards: 1st Place: Trophies, 2nd-4th Place: Medals. 4 Man Round Robins.
No USA card required. No walk-ins allowed!! Concessions All Day!! Entry Fee $15 on line. Admission: Adults $2.00, Students $1.00, Children under 5 free.
For Mt. Olympus, the wrestlers will be able to go at no cost as the Wrestling Club is sponsoring this based on your help at concession, fund raisers, practices, and wrestling. For other family members that want to go to use the park, the cost will be $6.00. If you want to go as a spectator and not swim, this is free. You need to bring your own towel as they are NOT provided. Pizza cost will be adult $5.00 if eating. Pay Shane at pizza hut if you’re eating. We still need a head count for who’s eating, we call this in days before.
- 6:30 load bus at upper parking lot at Elementary School or can follow bus, leaving 6:45 sharp. If weathers bad, may need to leave sooner.
- 7:30-9:00 Weigh In, 9:30am Wrestling Starts
- 1:30-3:30 Mt. Olumpus Water Park
- 4:30-6:00 fun time at Pizza Hut in Reedsburg 608-524-6333
- 7:30 estimated arrive back to elementary school parking lot
If you have any questions, please contact:
Shane Carey 574-5326/Tori Carey 574-5327/Mark Springer 574-2530
Please fill out the following if you are or aren’t planning on going – FORMS and family payment are due back Tuesday March 3rd at practice. Thanks.
Parents Cell Phone #:_____________________________________
# Bracelet’s needed for water park including wrestler:_____________
($6.00 cost for non-wrestlers – checks can be made to MP Wrestling Club)
Will you be riding the bus (wrestler):_________________________
How many from your family are riding the bus:__________________
# of people eating at Pizza Hut including wrestler:________________
March 20-21 Youth Regional
The Wisconsin Wrestling Federation will hold a Kids Folkstyle State Qualifier Tournament at Mineral Point High School on Friday and Saturday, March 20 and 21.
This is a qualifier for the WWF Kids Folkstyle State Championships to be held March 27th & 28th at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. In the Boys and Girls Divisions the TOP TWO place winners in each age and weight class qualify for the State Championships. All qualifiers must make the same weight class at the State Championships that they qualified for at the Qualifier; there is no weight allowance at state.
Wrestlers must be born in the year listed for each age division. Wrestlers born in 2000 cannot be in 9th grade. Your Current USA Card must be shown at registration and the number should be included on the pre-registration form. If you do not have a card you will be able to purchase one at the tournament site or can be bought online ahead of time by going to the Membership Page on the WWF website. Parent or guardian MUST sign waiver below. Checks should be made payable to each individual club, please check listing below.
Pre-registration that is mailed in must be postmarked by 3/14/15 for $12 Entry Fee; $17 at the Door; Wrestlers can also pre-register on-line for $13 for any of the Qualifier Sites on www.trackwrestling.com by 3/17/15.
Click here in order to download the application for the tournament.
Federation State Wrestling 2015
Schedule of Times:
Friday, March 27, 2015
- Copper certification class 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Meet at east side entrance at 10:45 am
- Doors open 1:45 pm and not before
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm boys born 2000-01 and 2002-03 & girls born in 2000-2002
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm boys born 2004-05 and 2006-07 & girls born in 2003-05 and 2006-07 (girls born 2003-07 can also weigh-in Saturday from 9:00 am – 9:30 am)
- Grand march – 4:45 pm boys born 2000-03 and girls born in 2000-02. Meet in your staging area at 4:35 pm
- Wrestling starts at 5:00 pm and ends at around 10:00 pm for boys born 2000-03 and girls born in 2000-02.
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- Doors open 7:00 am and not before
- Grand march 8:10 am for boys born 2004-07 and girls born 2003-07. Meet in staging at 8:00 am.
- Wrestling starts 8:30 am boys born 2004-05 and 2006-07
- Weigh-in 9:00-9:30 am for girls born in 2003-04 and 2006-07
- Wrestling starts 10:00 am for girls born in 2003-07
- Wrestling resumes 12:30 pm for boys born 2000-01 & 2002-03 and girls born in 2000-2002 (warm-ups start at approximately at 12:15 pm; no one is allowed on the mats until it is announced that they are allowed to do so)
- Finals approximately 4:00 – 4:30 pm for all age groups
- Adults (9th grade and older): $10.00 for all sessions.
- Children (K-8th grade): $5.00 for all sessions.
- Under 5 years old and competitors: free.
- USAW Coaches Cards accepted for free entry. Please see back side of downloadable flier for additional important information.
- Admission bracelets and programs will be sold at weigh-ins.
- Cash only accepted at ticket office. No checks / no credit cards.
Registration and Weigh-Ins
- All wrestlers must register and weigh-in by the time listed above for their age group. Wrestlers must wear a singlet during weigh-ins and no weight allowance is given for the singlet itself. Remember: there is no weight allowance given for the state tournament and all wrestlers must make the same weight class that they qualified during the qualifiers.
- Note to parents: your wrestler must be in his/her singlet before entering the registration line. There is no area available for changing during the weigh-in process. Parents will be responsible for their child’s belongings during the registration & weigh-in procedure.
- Alliant energy center collects a daily parking fee. There is also parking in the back of the arena.
Food and Coolers
- No food and beverage coolers are allowed in the Alliant Center. This is strictly enforced.
- Wrestlers will be assigned to a set of mats for each session. Rounds 1-3 are one session for each age group and rounds 4 and 5 are another; finals are assigned individually by the place you are wrestling for. Please check at weigh-ins or the WWF website ahead of time for your assigned mats.
- Wrestlers will be assigned bout numbers for their bouts on their chart. Please refer to the score clocks for your mats to see what bout numbers are being wrestled on your set of mats and when they are about 5 bouts times the number of mats your group is using away from your bout number. In addition the projection screens (near the staging area) are also used for mat assignments. Once an assignment is shown on the display, wrestlers can proceed to the assigned mat through the floor entrance with their two respective coaches.
Qualifier Tournament Results & State Championship Qualifier List
- All the Kids State Qualifier Tournaments will be run on Trackwrestling and results will be on this site on Sunday, March 22, 2015.
- In addition, a list of all State Championship qualifiers will be posted.
- Please carefully review the qualifiers list to verify and spell-check all wrestlers’ names and accurate club name. Notify Jeff Jones (contact information above) for corrections before Monday, March 23, 2015.
- The names and clubs will be going in the program exactly the way they are on the web site as of Monday, March 23 (am).
- The brackets will not be posted anywhere until the day of the event before weigh-ins.
Mat Side Coaching USA Coaching Card Requirement
- In order to be allowed mat side to coach at the WWF kids’ folkstyle state championship event, one must be a current USA wrestling coach member. This includes parents, club coaches, etc.
- Individuals 18 years of age and older must successfully complete a mandatory background check before purchasing USA wrestling coaches membership. Please allow 7-10 business days for the background check process, as USA wrestling coach’s memberships will not be available on-site.
- All USA wrestling member coaches will receive free admission to the WWF state folkstyle championships. The coach’s entrance will only be by the east side entrance and will only be Friday 2:00-6:00 pm and Saturday 7:00-9:30 am. In order to receive free admission and floor access, proof of coach membership along with a valid photo ID will be required.
- One adult without a USA wrestling coach membership will be allowed to accompany each wrestler to the arena floor. This adult will not be allowed to coach and must stay within the designated area along the arena wall. This is being done to ensure that youth wrestlers may be accompanied by someone.
Videographer / Photographer Passes
- We will give out one (1) videographer / photographer pass per wrestler at weigh-ins.
- One (1) person per wrestler that has the pass can move down to the first row of seats around the arena floor once their wrestlers mat assignment is known to tape or take photos. Once their wrestlers match is completed they must leave the area right away for the next people.
- AmericInn Madison West
516 Grand Canyon Drive
- If you choose to stay in a hotel during Federation State Wrestling; we reserved a block of rooms at the AmericInn. The AmericInn is located on the west side just off of Odana Road.
- 20 Double queen standard rooms are available at $84.90 plus tax.
- A “Pot-Luck” style get together will be on Saturday night in the breakfast room. Children can swim and chill out after state. Parents feel free to bring coolers for your drinks.
- Hotel accommodations include, breakfast buffet, free wireless Internet, pool and whirlpool, and fitness center.
- Rooms available until 3/1/2015 and can be canceled 24 hours prior to arrival. If you are thinking you may go, book your room now and cancel later.
- Tell AmericInn you are part of the Mineral Point Youth Wrestling Club to get the special group rate. Confirm the date as the high school is using the same hotel in February.
- Check-in is 3:00pm. Checkout is 12:00pm.
- Please come and have fun even if your child may not wrestle at state!